When practicing in the heat when your not used to it, you might need to modify your yoga practice slightly.
Here are some top tips:
1) Come to your yoga mat well hydrated
2) Take more time between yoga poses and transitions. Blood pressure might be different so allow more time between lying, kneeling and standing transitions
3) Listen closely to how demanding your breath becomes and ease off the effort if your breath doesn't remain steady and calm.
4) Practice with your mat on a wooden or tile floor, then when you lie down leave your arms hanging off the edge of the mat and enjoy the coolness you find there. Perhaps even step off your mat and practice with feet on the floor for the standing asana.
5) Consider leaving out the really vigorous parts of your practice if you find your getting too hot or sweating a lot.
6) Feel the differing sensations in the body from how you usually take your practice, an opportunity to take familiar postures through a new lens.
7) As always, enjoy and take more time sitting with the breath as your practice focus and less time in demanding asana.
Wishing you well in the heat.
Founder of YogaSpace, 2009
More about Clara >