The new normal for yoga classes over the next few months is live streaming video.
There are advantages to this:
- you can wear your PJs if you like
There are disadvantages to this:
- we don't get to chat as much, although there is still chat before and after the practice time
We are figuring this out as we go and are excited to continue meeting and sharing yoga with you and providing much needed yoga practice and support during rapidly changeable times.
How it works
It is actually easier than I thought it would be
1) You book into a class either via our online booking system or MoveGB, ideally at least 30 mins before the class begins.
2) Set up a home practice space - somewhere warm and quiet if possible where you'll be undisturbed. Set up your computer, tablet or smartphone where you can see the screen and hear me.
3) You're sent a link straight away once you've booked via our online booking system. The link is active 15 mins before the class start. Check your spam folder if you don't receive the link. MoveGB members will receive the link when they 'check-in'.
4) Click on the link you've been sent and join in the class. :-)
5) Enjoy your practice.
Here is more detailed information. And we are happy to help if you need support getting you up and running.
You’ll need a laptop, computer, tablet or smart phone to join this online class.
If you plan to use a tablet or phone, we recommend downloading the App in advance via your App store.
You’ll receive a Zoom link for this class once you’ve completed your booking which can be used up to 15 minutes before the class start time.
Visit the link 10 minutes ahead of time for your first class. There is a very quick and straightforward download to join in and then you can set up and relax before the class begins.
Check your spam folder if you don't receive the link.
When you join, you can choose to have video switched on or off. We'd prefer it switched on so we can see you and support your practice and offer suggestions, but you are equally welcome to have it turned off if you prefer. If your video is switched on, just like at YogaSpace, everyone will be able to see you - except you'll be a very small thumbnail video.
Once you arrive in the virtual studio, make sure that is your main view and not all of the thumbnail videos of the attendees. If it isn't by default, scroll or select the virtual studio and click on the three dots to 'pin' the teacher and make them full screen.
Once your in if you want to chat to the teacher, there is an option to 'raise your hand' next to your profile which we will see, and we can unmute you so that you can chat to us or we can chat via typing too.
If you need additional help, we’d be happy to talk you through your first set up earlier in the day or prior to the class.
Yoga practice at home - top tips
We are learning as we go given the sudden change in situation so any feedback or suggestions for improvements is very gratefully received.
We look forward to seeing you online soon.
Bristol YogaSpace Ltd
Just off Gloucester Road
Bristol BS7 8NP
Call: 07530 053 543
Bristol YogaSpace home