If you've said any of these things, then this article is for you:
"where does time go?" "time is flying past"
"I can't believe it is June already!".
As we get settled into our familiar daily lives and our days become repeated patterns, it's true, time seems to fly past. We stop noticing each day for what it is (it is in fact a brand new day with a world of opportunity in it). We often find ourselves going through the motions and forget to pay attention (or are too tired to notice!).
Here is a great suggestion to keep you a bit more grounded, a bit more mindful, and to make more of each day.
~ try something new for 30 days ~
Try something you have always wanted to do, but have never gotten round to doing. It can be anything you like, small, big, easy, hard ... but it will be new to you so will mark the day as different from any other in your life.
Some suggestions to get you started
- 5 or 10 minutes each morning of a home yoga practice, even if it is just one posture or movement!
- give up chocolate
- turn off the TV
- learn something for 10 minutes a day (guitar, French, YouTube is amazing for videos on just about anything)
- smile at 3 strangers every day
- pick up some litter
- sit quietly and meditate for 10 minutes
- Or a big one...write a novel (1,500 words a day for a month and your a novelist! It might suck but who cares, you did it!)
The idea is that 30 days is just about enough time for a new habit to stick (if it is a good one for you). And that it will help you re-engage with your life which otherwise will just pass you by.
Go on, try something new... think it through and start on Monday!
PS: And then 30 days later, try something else :-)
Back to Bristol YogaSpace homepage
Bristol YogaSpace Ltd
Just off Gloucester Road
Bristol BS7 8NP
Call: 07530 053 543
Bristol YogaSpace home